WHAT YOUTH PASTORS ANONYMOUS IS NOT
1. It is not a place for sales pitches. It is a support group, not another place to be sold the next whatever.
2. It is not a place to bring in long lectures. The best thing is everyone sharing their stories and if one person is talking the whole time, then this is missed and the group misses its purpose.
3. It is not a competition. Often times when several youth pastors gather together, they start to share who has the best or biggest whatever….well in a word….DON’T.
WHAT YOUTH PASTORS ANONYMOUS IS
1. A monthly gathering of local youth pastors in their local area to share life, share stories, share pains, share joys.
2. It is a place of Holy Community. Gathering with others with similar callings from God is an amazing thing, one which should be happening more.
3. It is a place where you can vent, celebrate, and laugh.
4. It is a place where you can drop the guard of being youth pastor and be in a peer group. You no long have to pastor, but can be pastored.
5. It is a place for building relationships you can turn to when all seems broken.
6. It is a place where you find you are not alone in this crazy calling that is youth ministry.
7. It is a place for you.